- Garage door safety. Saving time, money and lives.
- The garage door is a large, heavy and powerful moving object, and so it goes without saying that it should be treated with respect and care–and should never be misused.
- If you have children, ensure that they understand the proper way in which to use the garage door, and that it should never be played with. Accidents and/or misuse can cause destruction, injury, or even death.
- Garage door openers should be kept from the reach of smaller children. Push button wall controls should therefore be installed at least 5 feet from the floor.
- Never stand, walk, or run beneath a moving garage door.
- Allow the garage door to open completely before entering or exiting. Do not attempt to enter or exit the garage while the door is in motion.
- Keep hands and fingers away from the garage door while it is opening or closing.
- Proper maintenance is key to a well functioning and safe garage door. In Wisconsin, we recommend professional, quarterly garage door maintenance to keep things running smoothly. Click here, to learn about our Worry-Free Garage Door Care Program. Coming soon
- Always remember that garage door repairs and installations are best handled by trained professional technicians. Some parts are under extreme tension, and the door, itself, is powered by electricity. It’s not worth risking your life in an attempt to save money.
Conduct all cooking or grilling outside of your garage no matter how cold it is outside. Many a family have learned this the hard way.